Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
Moments in time – on this day…
The earliest Black petition to Congress Prince Hall – In his 1797 Charge, spoke about the treatment and hostility blacks faced while living in the United States. He also recognized the black revolutionaries in the Haitian Revolution. In 1956 Martin Luther King., and Corretta Scott King‘s home was firebombed. This was one of the events that marked the hatred expressed toward blacks during the Civil Rights Movement.
February 2, 2013 World Premiere of Betty and Coretta
A Lifetime Original Movie Presentation 8.7c
- FIRST LOOK: ‘Betty & Coretta’ Trailer (VIDEO) (blackamericaweb.com)
- ‘Betty & Coretta': Mary J Blige talks challenging role, significance of story (examiner.com)
- Angela Bassett Stops by ‘The View’ + ‘Betty & Coretta’ Trailer (dirtywhorelebrity.com)
- The Cinema Buff: Together They Kept the Dream Alive… “The Betty & Coretta Story” (pslovecharli.com)
- Trailer Released for Angela Bassett, Mary J. Blige Film ‘Betty & Coretta’ (atlantablackstar.com)