Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
On this Day
In 1972 Angela Yvonne Davis an American political activist, scholar and author was acquitted. She became a nationally prominent activist and radical during the 1960′s. Davis was a leader of the Communist Party, USA with close relations to the group known as the Black Panther Party. A retired professor from the Department of “History of Consciousness” at the University of Southern California, Santa Cruz, she is known for her research in feminism, African-American studies, critical theory, Marxism, popular music and social consciousness.
- VIDEO: Angela Davis on the “Racialization” of Terrorism (rodonline.typepad.com)
- Angela Davis and Assata Shakur’s Lawyer Denounce FBI’s Adding of Exiled Activist to Terrorists List by Angela Davis (zcommunications.org)
- Angela Davis: It is outrageous to accuse the Cuban Five of terrorism (youthandeldersja.wordpress.com)
- We The People (beenetworknews.com)
- Watch Angela Davis Discuss Tupac Shakur’s Aunt Assata Shakur, First Woman Added To FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists List (VIDEO) (notthesingularity.com)
- Angela Davis: FBI Targeting Assata Shakur ‘Reflects Very Logic Of Terrorism’ [VIDEO] (newsone.com)