Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
President Obama discusses Father’s Day and notes that nothing substitutes for the love and support of the presence of a parent in a child’s life.
Photo(s) of the Day
West Wing Week
This week, the President hosted the new President of China at a two-day informal summit in California, spoke on the importance of supporting the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and comprehensive immigration reform, promoted a top economic advisor, and honored the LGBT community.
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (goodblacknews.org)
- The President Celebrates Father’s Day at the White House (3chicspolitico.com)
- Priorities: White House Announces Syria Plan on Conference Call While Obama’s at LGBT Event (nationalreview.com)
- Obama, Biden Appear at White House LGBT Pride Reception: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Father’s Day 2013: President Barack Obama wishes America happy Father’s Day (wjla.com)