Join Us June 26th at 10 a.m. PST Veteran Business Webinar
Noah Harris – Director, Veteran Business Outreach Center
Whether you are a new veteran having elected to become self-employed, or have current or previous experience managing your own business, the VBOC team is here to support your growth needs.
The VBOC’s mission is to serve as your force multiplier, providing business education, mentorship and funding support. Noah will explain the range of services that the VBOC provides for your day-to-day as well as to your long-term needs, from start-up to growth to divestiture.
Noah Harris leads Vietnam Veterans of California’s (http://www.vietvets.org/index.html) Veteran Business Outreach Center(http://www.vboc-ca.org). It is one of 15 other centers, partially funded by the SBA (http://www.sba.gov/content/veterans-business-outreach-centers) to provide comprehensive business development assistance to veterans throughout California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii and Guam.
Noah’s career reflects over 20 years of operations, training, management, leadership, and consulting experience in a range of industries including: U.S. Department of Defense, business development, risk management/loss prevention, logistics, education and non-profit. He formerly served as Business Advisor with the Northern California Small Business Development Center Network and the Sonoma SBDC (formerly Santa Rosa SBDC).
A U.S. Army veteran, Noah holds a B.S. in Business Management from the University of Phoenix and a M.A. in Organization Management & Development with a concentration in Sustainability Leadership from Fielding Graduate University. Noah serves on Fielding’s Alumni Council, and as a Board Member for the Marin Community Development Corporation and the Sacramento Workforce Investment Board. Noah is also Consulting Partner with Shamana Consulting.
June 26th (10am to 11am PST)
Connect to weekly webinar at: https://connect16.uc.att.com/sba/meet/?ExEventID=84148387
NOTES: Webinars are online and via telephone and allow two-way communication between presenter and attendee. You will be asked to input your name and email address then AT&T Teleconference program will request a phone number to call you.
2013 Summer Speaker Series Overview
The Summer Speaker Series will feature a variety of topics presented by: lending and industry experts, government small business advisors, higher education program directors and non-profit executives who will speak on their subject matter expertise – all of them focusing on aspiring and existing veteran business owners.
Aspiring and existing veteran business owners around Southern California are invited to participate in an upcoming Summer Speaker Series via webinar. This webinar series is also open to all veteran and military technical assistant providers who would like to learn about various veteran business resources.
- Here are the excellent presenters the SBA has partnered with:
- Rita Mitchell, Wells Fargo (June 5 – SBA Loan Program & Access to Capital)
- Tina Kapral, Institute of Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University/UCLA Anderson School of Business (June 12 – Veteran Business Education)
- Larry Broughton, former Special Forces, Speaker, Author, Entrepreneur (June 19 – Motivational Speaker)
- Noah Harris, Veteran Business Outreach Center (June 26 – Veteran Business Technical Assistance)
- Derek Overbey, Verticle Response (July 10 – Social Media)
- David Poulin, U.S. Department of Labor (July 17 – Veteran Employment Training for Small Business)
- Debbie Cabreira-Johnson, LA County and SBA Procurement Technical Assistance Center (July 24 – Government Contracting Assistance)
- Jack Lance & Peter Freeman, Financalsoft & Keiretsu Academy (July 31 – Financial Education / Pitching Your Business)
- Pam Smith-Cressel, General Services Administration (August 7 – Government Contracting)
- Susan Lamping, CDC Small Business Finanance (August 14 – Access to Capital)
- Vic Scimo, FranNet of Southern California (August 21 – Veteran Friendly Franchising)
- Mark Steiner, MA Steiner Construction (August 28 – Veteran Business Owner and Success Story)
Date: 06/22/2013 Author Information: Patrick Rodriguez (818) 552-3222
2013 CAMP RONDO FEATURING: RAJON RONDO
2013 CAMP RONDO
UofL/UK Former/Current Players
Camp Rondo will be 5 FUN FILLED days of basketball instruction, drills, competitions and team play.
- Camp Rondo t-shirt
- Camp Rondo armband
- Autograph/photo session
- A chance to win two Celtic tickets for the 2013/2014 season
- Opportunity to meet and hang out with RAJON RONDO
TWO SESSIONS AT MID-AMERICA:
Session 1: July 8 – July 12
Session 2: July 15 – July 19
Go to www.camprondo.com
Monday – Friday: 9am – 4pm
There will be “ONLY 2″ camps in Louisville at
“MidAmerica Sports Center” on Watterson Trail
Filmmakers Converge on Rhode Island
SOURCE: HP Digital/U.S. Embassy
Rhode Island may be the smallest U.S. state, but the Ocean State is making big waves in the film world. Considered a portal for the best of independent cinema, the Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF) brings celebrities, award-winning filmmakers and enthusiastic audiences from around the world to Providence, Rhode Island, every summer.
Through its affiliation with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, RIIFF is a qualifying festival for the Academy Awards for short films. Started in 1996, it has also become a leading juried competition showcase for international independent filmmakers.
Taking place August 6–11, the 2013 festival will give filmmakers and film buffs the opportunity to exchange ideas in discussion forums, master classes and colloquia. In 2012, RIIFF screened more than 200 cinematic works from 51 countries and 34 U.S. states; of these screenings, 28 were world premieres.
You won’t believe your eyes! THEATRE OF ILLUSION is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. Described as modern-day Houdinis, the Spencers present a big, high-tech stage show that combines drama, comedy, romance and suspense with elaborate illusions. By blending the theatrical elements of a Broadway-style production with the high energy of a rock concert, these artists take their audience on a journey to the brink of impossibility… and back again. Using magic much like a storyteller uses words, Kevin Spencer fuses this family-friendly production with a gamut of emotions. And with the skills of a master showman, he creates a world where nothing is impossible and anything can happen.
- Rhode Island’s April jobs numbers were released recently, lowest unemployment rate (thefederalhillgazette.com)
- SBA Announces Changes to What Qualifies as a ‘Small Business’ (parkerpublicaffairs.wordpress.com)
- Almost Every Obamacare Insurance Plan in Rhode Island Will Fund Abortions | LifeNews.com (grindaline.wordpress.com)
- Small Business Grants Trucking (crowes-nests.com)
- Start a Business (sdrefnet.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Jill Biden: Small Businesses: Uncle Sam’s Calling on You (internetsuccess4you.wordpress.com)
- The Seven Types of Small Business Owners (atlantatribune.typepad.com)
- The Five Most Common Mistakes of Small Business Owners and How to Learn From Them (bizlaunchblog.com)