Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
In this week’s address, President Obama tells the American people about a plan he unveiled a few days ago to confront the growing threat of climate change. His plan will cut carbon pollution, protect our country from the impacts of climate change, and lead the world in a coordinated assault on a changing climate.
Africa Trip: On Board and Behind the Scenes with the President and First Lady
President Barack Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama visit Gorée Island off the coast of Senegal and tour the Masion des Esclaves (House of Slaves) Museum. For roughly three hundred years until the mid-1840s, countless men, women and children from Africa were kidnapped from their homes and communities and brought to this island to be sold as slaves. Narrated by the First Lady, Michelle Obama.
First Lady Michelle Obama Speaks at an Education Event in Dakar, Senegal
First Lady Michelle Obama speaks to students at Martin Luther King school, an all-girls middle school in Dakar, Senegal
Photo(s) of the Day
West Wing Week
This week, the President gave a major speech on climate change policy, hosted a roundtable discussion with business leaders, named a new director of the FBI, and welcomed the next class of Presidential Innovation Fellows.
- Obama starts 8-day Africa tour (arabtimesonline.com)
- Photos: Obama visits Africa (photos.denverpost.com)
- The First Family Continues Their Visit to Senegal (3chicspolitico.com)
- Pres Obama travels to Senegal, S Africa & Tanzania (propresobama.org)
- WHITE HOUSE NOTEBOOK: Obama gets lessons on Goree (omaha.com)
- Anti-Obama protests dispersed by South Africa police (usatoday.com)
- President Obama Visits Africa (voanews.com)
- Obama: Make climate change a must for your vote (news.yahoo.com)