Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
President Obama commemorates our nation’s Independence Day, and recognizes the generations of Americans— from farmers to teachers to entrepreneurs—who worked together to make the United States what it is today.
Photo(s) of the Day
West Wing Week
This week, the First Family traveled to Africa, for a three country, four stop visit that started in Dakar, Senegal and ended in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with stops in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa sandwiched in between. There were drums and dancing, crowds and ceremonial pomp and circumstance, meetings, forums, summits and town halls, and moving trips to both Goree and Robben Islands.
- Obama: Celebrating Independence Day – Transcript (albanytribune.com)
- Obama Closes Trade-Focused Africa Trip (voanews.com)
- Obama, Bush to meet in Tanzania (omaha.com)
- US Embassy Dar Es Salaam: Obama, Bush at Wreath-Laying Ceremony for 1998 Embassy Attack Victims (diplopundit.net)
- Obama concludes Africa trip (cnn.com)
- Obama on 4th of July: ”I can’t believe I have to miss a good day of golf for this crap!” (12160.info)