Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
President Obama discusses how a large, bipartisan majority in the Senate voted to pass comprehensive immigration reform, which would add a big boost to our economy, strengthen Social Security, and modernize our legal immigration system to make it more consistent with our value. He calls on Congress to pass this commonsense bill quickly so that we can fix our broken immigration system and keep America strong for years to come.
Photo(s) of the Day
West Wing Week
This week, the White House hosted the second Annual Kids’ State Dinner, while the President laid out his vision for building a better, smarter, faster government, awarded the 2012 National Medals of Arts and Humanities, met with the Congressional Black and Congressional Hispanic Caucuses, and honored the Washington Kastles and the 1963 Ramblers.
- President Obama stresses the economic importance of immigration reform in weekly address (dailykos.com)
- Obama doubles down on pledge that immigration bill will boost economy (thehill.com)
- Kastles Win 34th Straight, Passing Lakers for U.S. Pro Sports Record (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Obama urges Republican-led House to pass immigration overhaul (reuters.com)
- Hispanic Caucus Meets with President Obama on Immigration (politic365.com)
- Weekly Wrap Up: A 21st Century Government (whitehouse.gov)
- Michelle Obama Heads to Kastles Stadium for the Team’s Season Opener (Photos) (washingtonian.com)
- Weekly Address: Obama Really Wants Non-Americans To Have Jobs (stoptheaclu.com)
- Saturday Open Thread (3chicspolitico.com)