Americans will be grappling with a number of sensitive and critical issues throughout 2013 and beyond. Some new, some old and some never-ending – concerns about race, religion, violence, politics, guns, climate change, war and civic responsibility are just some of the issues that may polarize all or segments of the nation. We The People will bring awareness to different viewpoints in the hopes of educating its readership. Please be encouraged to join in and share your perspective.
Presidents Obama, Clinton and Carter are joined by the King Family and other civil rights leaders at the “Let Freedom Ring Commemoration and Call to Action Event at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of Dr. Kings 1963 March on Washington.
- Obama address, bells to mark 50 years since King’s ‘Dream’ speech (reuters.com)
- March on Washington: Barack Obama leads 50th anniversary celebrations (theguardian.com)
- On 50 Anniversary Of Martin Luther King’s ‘Dream’ Speech, Bells To Ring For Freedom (huffingtonpost.com)
- John Lewis March On Washington Speech: Country Has ‘A Great Distance To Go’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Picture Archive: March on Washington, 1963 (news.nationalgeographic.com)
- Bill Clinton March On Washington Speech: Former President Honors Martin Luther King Jr.’s Legacy (huffingtonpost.com)
- March on Washington, Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech honored (abclocal.go.com)